Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Bit More of Me...

Today is the first day
in an infinitely
long line of days
I have woken up
and recognized a
bit
more of
me

Settling into a summer-kind-of
morning pace
coffee
computer
water the flowers
meditate
yoga and
now the day can begin

green paint
on the dining room walls
waiting to be chosen and
given life.

beds that need to be weeded
house that needs to be cleaned
not overwhelming
just a summer pace
knowing I will get to it when
I
get
to
it

or not.

the cacophony of
birds trifling in the day
makes me pause
slow down
wonder creeps back into my being
where have you been
dear sweet wonder?

less flat
less crying
keeping the demons at bay
for today

it is good
it is all good
glad to see you
again...me

it has been too long
I have missed you
even if you are just a
bit more of me.
I will take it.

2 comments:

Riddler said...

Sounds nice. Great poetry.

Ms. Piazzi said...

I love the pace you're referring to, especially the ...or not...
There is no rush.
Enjoy yourself!

Joanne

South Beach Martha's Vineyard 2007

South Beach Martha's Vineyard 2007