Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Girl Scout Cookies

Have you ever wondered why the Girl Scouts sell cookies in the height of January resolutions? I mean really, just when you think you are going to get a handle on controlling and minimizing all of the holiday overindulgence and celebrations...in comes the elusive Girl Scout Cookie. The cookies that you just can't say no to! The cookies that you HAVE to buy then because you know they will not appear again for yet another year!! Why don't these same cookies come out before Christmas when we are all in our holiday blissful states of not giving a @#$% about our calorie intake as we enjoy drink after cookie after treat? I am not sure the Girl Scouts are taking psychology into consideration? Or are they? They certainly must know something and so the answer is yes Joyce...I will take some cookies!!!!!I would like two boxes of thin mints...oooohhh yummy. Those are SO good frozen! You are right! I will give my parents one box to avoid eating two entire boxes on my own!! And then of course there are those Somoas. These are so chewy and rich that they are not even a cookie! They are really more akin to a round candy bar and so yes Joyce, we will also take two boxes of those. I can easily pass on such boring cookies such as the shortbreads...never got that one, as well as the Lemon Chalet Creams. All about are always good...but again, I am trying to watch my weight here! I mean ideally I would say NO to all of these cookies, but I CAN'T!! And why can't I? I can't because I can see Julia's little girl scout face and realize that saying no is just not an option!! So, Give us one more box of Do_Si Do's and I am DONE!!! DONE!! Do you hear me? Even if a little girl clad in her best-pressed girl scout green shows up at my door the I will slam it in her face and say unequivocally NO!! No, No and NO! But to you Joyce and dear sweet Julia, I say yes, yes, yes and yes. That will be four boxes please and if you happen to notice I look a bit heavier the next time you see me...well then you can take the blame for that! Ha ha ha(Can you tell I am procrastinating from writing my next chapter!! Ha ha ha! I will do anything to avoid what I need to get done!) But, this is all still true!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It's really blackmail. Overpriced, calorie-laden, gone the instant you open the box, teeny tiny cookies are just not worth it.

Last year I bought a ton from little sweet-faced Hannah. And so did Peter, because he can NEVER get enough of a good thing. But not happening this year.

If anyone can say no to a sweet-faced girl scout, it is I! And I shall! It is not as though the proceeds of cookie sales are going to a good cause. The cookie makers are the true benefactors. And so, thanks for the head's up that it is that time of year. They won't catch me with my guard down.

::::::::raising Girl Scout Guilt shield::::::::::::::::::

Tomasen said...

Oh My Dear Lisa...you make me laugh and laugh and laugh some more. We shall see just what happens to you! I remember your cookie debacle from last year! Just you wait until that little face looks up at you angelically and asks...just one box? Just see how powerful that cookie shield is then!! Still laughing....

Lisa said...

Oh no! I am prepared! I am adding extra layers of shellac to my shield to make it all that more impenetrable.

Not ONE GS Guilt Cookie shall cross these lips!

South Beach Martha's Vineyard 2007

South Beach Martha's Vineyard 2007